Desde la LUna

Tu planeta llamado Tierra (¿por qué no le pusieron Agua?) se ve de la siguiente manera...bienvenid@

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Famous Publishing house in the US censored 3 of my books cos they are not moral



A famous publishing house in the United States censored 3 of my books. They ask me kindly to remove or edit any intimate body part naming, any sexual reference between teenagers.

Sex between teenagers is as natural and a very important issue nowadays. Boys and girls that have babies boys and girls.

But my novels do not explore this issue in a gratuitous way. 

Those works, VELOURIA in particular, talk about Power, Love and Freedom and the questions that they arise when you live a life with no future, no hope.

Youngsters feel lost because they don´t have real opportunities.

I take my writing very seriously ( I write in spanish, im sorry for my english faulties), I explore, investigate and create thinking of Language as a very vital part of the world. 
Writing is like breathing for me.

So, I do not waste energies writing "erotic novels" or "pink novels", which I respect. 

Although I don´t have a literary tradition I always have in mind my standards, such as:
Yukio MIshima, Thomas Mann, Nabokov, Rimbaud, Octavio Paz.

You must name things as they are named: penis is penis, tits, butt.

Our world moves because of power, money and sex.
We can not ignore that. Murder, drugs, disease...

So, when a publishing house ask you to remove REALITY...they are asking you to refrain of being truthful to yourself. 

Feeling like if I was living in the 19th Century. What´s going on? Are we going Backwards?

Why people are afraid to sex? To know and accept that teenagers think about sex? Arent´they aware of the hundreds of children born each day in America, Mexico and every part of the world from teenager parents? Do we have to turn our heads? Close our eyes?

What is wrong with the parts of our body?

Language must not have any restriction and with no gratitious purposes (even though still the right and freedom to do so must prevail)

Im not interested in "dirty" stories. Im interested in the lights and shadows of the human being...im interested in Life, Death, our Soul...in interested and devoted to Language.

Don´t need to repeat that: i am not going to edit a comma.

I consider their request as offensive as stupid. 


Im not going to name that publishing house because we are trying to work things out. But if not, no one can´t stop me to express what I feel, see and think.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Eres un lunático con pensamiento, GRACIAS.